ETS Services and Resources
ACADEMIC RESOURCES REQUEST
SUCCESS IN SCHOOL - ETS in-school workshops, can strengthen study skills and help participants be better informed regarding their academic choices and plan.
- Individual Meetings - ETS participants and or parents may schedule individual meetings to discuss important issues. If you would like to meet individually with an ETS representative, just contact the ETS main office at (859-622-5425) or make arrangements through the ETS representative for your respective school.
GOAL SETTING - ETS assists participants with identifing personal goals and action plans for reaching those goals.
DECISION MAKING - ETS assists in decision making processes, so that carefully considered educational and career decisions can be made. Information can be provided on colleges and vocational programs located in Kentucky and throughout the United States and territories. Detailed information on almost any occupation can be provided to participants.
TESTING & ACADEMIC RESOURCES
- PSAT/NMQT (11th grade Preliminary SAT/National Merit Qualifying Test, 10th grade students can also use this as a practice test prior to taking the test in 11th grade)
- College Admission Tests - ACT and SAT
- KHAN Academy
- Free Online Practice Tests
- Recordnations.com - Note Taking
- Memory Retention
TUTORING REQUEST (math related subjects, science related subject, English/language Art, Writing & ACT Prep)
CAREER EXPLORATION - Via ETS workshops, field trips, summer camps, and other special events, participants have the opportunity to further investigate careers through self interest inventories, career and job research, as well as visits to career sites.
- Career Inventory (Rogue Community College)
- Occupational Information Network
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Kentucky Career Center
COLLEGE PLANNING - ETS assists participants with the college planning and preparation process. If you have questions or need direct help with a particular stage of the process, just contact your ETS Coordinator or call the ETS Office at (859) 622-5425.
- Kentucky Minimum High School Graduation Requirements
- Researching post-secondary educational institutions (including business/vocational/technical schools, community colleges, four-year colleges/universities, and proprietary schools).
- Obtaining College Admisson Applications
- Completing and submitting the College Admission Application
- Provides College Admission Application Fee Waivers for accepting schools.
- Field trips to Kentucky educational institutions within a school day's driving range.
FINANCIAL AID and SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES - ETS provides financial literacy and financial aid workshops, information, and materials. Be sure to check out "Financial Aid & Scholarships" in the header tab menu.
- Tracking Your Checking Account
- Money Management Resources
- It's Money Baby
- College Costs & Comparison Sheet
- Affording Higher Education
- Kentucky Scholarships
- (FAFSA) Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Apply for FAFSA ID
- Frugal Dad: Common Sense for College
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT - ETS offers workshops which enhance knowledge of one's self, such as: abilities, interests, values, learning styles, and educational strengths. This knowledge can provide guidance with choices of future life plans.
CULTURAL ENRICHMENT is another area that is explored with participants to appreciate cultural diversity. ETS provides cultural opportunities and experiences via workshops, field trips, and special activities.