Apply for ETS
The Educational Talent Search (ETS) Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, is one of the federal “TRIO Programs”. Our program provides assistance to students who want to continue their education after high school and have the ability to do so. Our services are described throughout the ETS website. All services are provided at the school, at times convenient to the students, (at least twice per month, weather permitting). Parents are welcome to meet with our staff any time we are at the school, at our office, or by scheduling an appointment.
The ETS Application, is in Adobe PDF format. Feel free to print the application, complete the required information, attach requested materials, and mail to: Educational Talent Search Program, Eastern Kentucky University, Telford House, 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, Kentucky 40475-3012, or complete the On-Line ETS APPLICATION.
- The U.S. Department of Education requires us to request a copy of your most recent federal income tax form if you filed income tax. Please enclose a SIGNED copy of your last year’s 1040 or 1040A (front & back only, tax schedules do not need to be included), or a SIGNED copy of your 1040EZ, whichever is appropriate. Just make sure the parent has signed the tax form.
- If you did not file a tax return last year, please check the non-taxable type(s) of income received for the past year which is located on the right-side of the lower half of the back page. This form must be completed, signed, and returned to our office in order for us to determine eligibility for services. Please note: all information is kept in complete confidence, and stored in locked files & lock room.
- An Educational Records Release is part of the application, and must be signed in order of us to work with the participant in the schools.
- The Publicity Release gives ETS the permission to include the student in ETS activity photos on our website, in newspaper articles, and other promotional media.
- Parent/guardian signature is required. If you have any questions, please call our office at (859) 622-5425.
- Again, ALL applicant information is held in complete confidence by our program.
Please return the ETS Application, signed Federal Income Tax forms (if applicable), and any guardianship documents if required. Students selected as Educational Talent Search participants will be notified in a timely manner. All services are FREE! We hope you will take advantage of the additional support and guidance provided by the Educational Talent Search Program.
|Letter from the ETS Director||52.36 KB|
|ETS SERVICES||170.85 KB|
|ETS APPLICATION - Hard Copy (4 pages)||548.58 KB|